Tuesday 6 March 2007

Max Vs. Maya.


I thought that Maya will win. But then, I might do the baking in Max. So umm... is 2 better than one? Depends. An ongoing conflict and union of two, like a marriage.

Can Max marry Maya? Now, with the help of Obj (Wavefront Object File) importer-exporter, I have mind bogglingly switch between the 2 softwares to create accurate and hopefully problem free 3d models.



This must be crazy and I'm totally nuts and wasting my time.


Has a couple of problems along the way too. Anyway, here goes todays miserable update.


Characters:


I've managed to apply skeleton on Baby and try to do some animation. Its scary, cos the last time I tried animating my character, its all awry.



Baby walks...


Baby says hi... ooops!!



Somebody help me, seriously.





Heres ma hot nanny. Still inanimate though.


Context & Environment:


When I first reimported my stuffs back from Maya, Max gave me a heart attack, in the form of something like this...




It was in fact worse the first time around. This is considered "generous". I wonder why does max do this. Is it a problem with my models? Is there something overlapping? I don't think so. And so I try to render.



You see anything? Looks fine to me. One thing, the beauty about Max is that i can easily apply and change colours to all those objects. At least it represents my ideas on how the overall look should be like.
Oh, and I added new furnitures for baby, like
a new closet and a scrap of the slide...
...a more proper pillow and a bedside table.
I still owe baby a nightlamp, as seen on my method board.
Work work work. Driving me crazy.
Heres a different angle to my cozy/messy little apartment.
Till my next update, keep it up people!
Wish I can have it better with my method board. :(

4 comments:

fuad mddin said...

the character should be rigged under T-position. i think, erm, one more thing, you can paint weight the character so the rigs wont effect parts u dont want.

Rashid said...

Your character models should have their arms, legs, and other appendages outstreched away from the body before you put in IK skeletons. This is so that the skeletons won't disturb other mesh nearby, such as the baby's pink garment as in your case

paliahan said...

The baby looks like you...hehe

Jennifer Lai said...

I think the painting weights worked pretty well. Dont have much experience in rigging characters.

Ofcourse it looks like me dear, I use my face as texture.