Monday 21 September 2009

Conclusion...

Looking back, it's been a long way now. Looking at my work here, its amazing the difference between the textured and the untextured environment, the whole world of difference it makes, and then the occlusions.

Then, having done my fair share of realistic textures during my 2 year job in the "real world," I find that there is really alot you can do with neat real time texture. Alphas, normal maps, specular and ofcourse occlusions. So the conclusion is, don't underestimate the power of good textures.

It is unfortunate however, that I have nowhere to upload my application on the web here. So I guesss, my VR Child's Play has come to a closure just as it is now. Perhaps, one day, when I'm very free and very bored, I'll revisit this little virtual home of my childhood alter ego...

But till then, keep the good stuffs coming, and may VR contribute to a better future...

Cheers all VR Troopers.

No comments: