Saturday 13 May 2006

Design & Photography

I have a feeling these days that more and more people are getting into photography. Could it be just my increasing awareness? I dont know. But lately, alot of "popular people" I see does photography.

I think that this is influenced by the digital photography revolution and that has made phtography so much cheaper and easier compared to traditional film ones. You dont have to fork out any money just to view the pictures that you've taken. Then, you can do it over and over again. Try endlessly to get the perfect pict, without worrying about how many rolls have you wasted. And you can just keep practising. Isn't this just cool? Anyone can do it once you get your hands on a nice, good digital slr. Or if you're like me, just make do with regular digicam. At least I can still have fun snapping around.

Actually, seeing photographs everywhere its not exactly a bad thing. Pictures are wonderful things. Capture the beautiful moments in life, nature, the world. How to see things around us differently. Just that, sometimes, its just boring that everyone is doing the same thing. Too much competition and too much similarity, redundancy. It takes so much more to be appreciated than just a colourful sunset or a random black and white. It takes passion, and from passion you built your skill, and from your skill, you develop your passion, and on and on. In the end of the day, its still about doing what you enjoy. It doesn't really matter what people think. If people like your work, you get famous. If people don't, either you just dont try to make money out of it or you try hard to sell yourself out there.

Well, actually, I really hate doing things that everyone else is doing. But then again, what I really want is just to make pretty things for people to look at and hope it makes them feel good. Beauty is my passion. Beauty is my art. Beauty... from my point of view.

Do you think this is beautiful? LOL...

By the way, I'm really happy i got this new design template. Got it from somewhere. Looks easy to customise. Pretty neat. Will customise it later. FOr now, adios people...

5 comments:

paliahan said...

so many cookies, u must be hungry... hehehe

Jennifer Lai said...

>:P No, they're for you.

TV Man said...

Thanks for visiting my site! :) Can I ask how you found it?

Anonymous said...

That pic.. reminds me of da Geisha movie.. Sayuri! Beautiful, indeed~!

Jennifer Lai said...

Cub: Ehe..thanx alot.

Tv man: sory, I forgot.